How to Apply
Montefiore School of Nursing is a committed Equal Access/Equal Opportunity school that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, disability, age (40 or older) or genetic information (including family medical history).
Applicants are required to:
- Demonstrate satisfactory scores on the ATI TEAS test and request that ATI submit official TEAS test transcript to Montefiore School of Nursing.
- Meet the cognitive and physical program demands (see the School Catalog for a description).
- Submit an official high school transcript. All applicants must submit an official High School Transcript with completed application. If no college coursework is completed, the application requires a high school overall average of 85. Applicants educated abroad must have their high school transcript evaluated by World Education Services and submit the evaluation report with the application.
- Submit an official post-secondary transcript for all institutions attended after high school.
- Completion of chemistry with lab. Applicants must submit an official high school transcript or official college transcript showing successful completion of a chemistry course with lab with a grade of C or better.
- Proof of United States citizenship or permanent residency. Applicants must provide a copy of their birth certificate, passport or certificate of naturalization or U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card). When submitting copies of a Green Card, please provide images of the front and back of the card.
- Submit one reference attesting to the applicant’s personal integrity and potential for success in the nursing program.
Your completed application, nonrefundable application fee and all required documentation must be submitted by the following deadlines:
Day Option (Fall Semester) Beginning August 2023
Application Deadline: March 6, 2023
Evening/Saturday Option (Spring Semester) Beginning January 2023
Application Deadline: September 1, 2022
Please complete your online application:
The payment function is not yet available, though students can complete the application. The payment link will be integrated shortly. In the interim, the payment link will be sent to you separately.
Thank you for your interest in the Montefiore School of Nursing and we look forward to working with you.
All applicants must take the ATI-TEAS admission test. The test sections are Reading, Math, Science and Writing. A nonrefundable $115.00 test fee, payable to ATI, is required. The applicant may take the ATI-TEAS test twice within a one year period. The most recent score will be used to evaluate the applicant’s preparedness for the nursing program. To register for the entrance exam, go to https://www.atitesting.com/teas/register/
Please visit TEAS Prep Products for a list of complete resources to help you prepare for the ATI-TEAS.
Applicants are ineligible if, within the past two years, they have received academic or disciplinary dismissal from a nursing program or attended a prior nursing program and received a grade less than C+ in a nursing course.
An applicant who has been rejected may reapply. A new application must be submitted with the appropriate fee. The admission policies and procedures in effect at the time of submission will apply.
Academically dismissed students may be eligible to reapply after two years. Students dismissed for a Code of Conduct Violation are not eligible to reapply.
Applicants with a physical or cognitive limitation should discuss the particulars with the Admission Recruiter. Each case will be reviewed on an individual basis. Supporting documentation will be required prior to admission and reasonable accommodations will be made. Please see School Catalog for additional information. Should a student suspect a learning disability after admission to the program, he/she will be required to submit documentation as specified in the School Catalog, not more than three years old, from a licensed professional as approved by the school (i.e., psychologist, psychiatrist).
Documentation needs to provide specific recommended learning strategies based upon formal evaluation. Students requesting accommodations for entrance testing must submit proof prior to scheduling the entrance test.
Accommodations will not be granted until the appropriate documentation has been submitted by the student, and then reviewed and approved by the school. Accommodations are not granted (do not go into effect) until they are approved by the school.
- Upon submission of an application for admission, it is recommended that applicants complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Due to financial aid filing deadlines, it is not advisable to wait for an acceptance letter.
- The FAFSA application is completed online at studentaid.gov. Montefiore’s Federal School Code is 042372. Questions regarding financial aid can be directed to the Financial Aid Officer at 914-361-6081 or by email to email@example.com.
- To be considered for a Federal Direct Student Loan, we suggest that you complete an online Master Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling at studentaid.gov.
FAFSA Filing Deadlines:
Day Cohort: May 1
Evening/Weekend Cohort: November 1
Prior to the start of classes, payment of tuition and/or fees not covered by financial aid or student loans must made in full or by enrollment in the installment payment plan option. Financial aid may not be available for summer general education courses.
- Applicants who meet the minimum admission standards and have submitted an official TEAS transcript by the deadline are brought before the Admissions Committee.
- Applicants will be notified of the Admissions Committee’s decision by mail.
- Upon receipt of an acceptance letter, applicants must submit a nonrefundable $200.00 deposit by the deadline indicated to secure a seat in the upcoming class.
- Once the deposit is submitted, the Registrar will schedule an advising session with the student.