How to Apply
Montefiore School of Nursing applicants are considered in relation to past educational experiences. We are a committed Equal Access/Equal Opportunity school that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, marital status or disability.
All applicants are also required to demonstrate:
- Satisfactory scores on the Kaplan Admission Test (KAT). Qualified applicants will receive an invitation to take the test.
- An ability to meet the cognitive and physical program demands (see the School Catalog for a description).
In addition to a completed application and a nonrefundable $40.00 application fee (payable by money order only), nursing school candidates must also submit proof of:
- Official High School Transcript. All applicants must submit an official High School Transcript with completed application. If no college coursework is completed, the application requires a high school overall average of 85. Applicants educated abroad must have their high school transcript evaluated by World Education Services and submit the evaluation report with the application.
- Official Post-Secondary Transcript. Applicants must submit official transcripts for all institutions attended after high school.
- Completion of Chemistry with Lab. Applicants must submit an official high school transcript or official college transcript showing successful completion of Chemistry with Lab with a grade of C or better.
- United States citizenship or permanent residency. Applicants must provide a copy of their birth certificate, passport or certificate of naturalization or U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card). When submitting copies of a Green Card, please provide images of the front and back of the card.
Your completed application, nonrefundable application fee and all required documentation must be submitted in the same envelope by the following deadline:
Day Option (Fall Semester) Beginning August 2019
Application Deadline: March 8, 2019
Evening/Saturday Option (Spring Semester) Beginning January 2020
Application Deadline: September 6, 2019
Please mail your completed application, nonrefundable application fee and all required documentation to:
Montefiore School of Nursing, Admissions Office
53 Valentine Street
Mount Vernon, NY 10550
Need help completing your application? Please download our application instructions.