Schaffer Extended Care Center Visitation Guidance
Visitation to the Schaffer Extended Care Center is ongoing with a few changes to allow for the safety of your loved one and our staff.
- Call the Activities Department 914-365-3838 to schedule an appointment before visiting to ensure there are no restrictions on the unit. During an infectious outbreak on the unit, the visitors are made aware of the potential hazards and advised to enter at their own risk.
- All visitors, regardless of vaccinated status will be screened prior to entry to the unit.
- All visitors are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result completed 24 hours prior to visiting.
- Visitors are required to wear a surgical mask during visits.
- Visitors of COVID-19 positive patients are required to wear a surgical mask, gown, gloves, and eye protection before entering the patients’ room. All items will be provided by the facility. Gowns and gloves are to be removed before leaving the patient’s room.
- ALL Visitors are advised to practice social distancing, perform hand hygiene using alcohol-based hand rub upon entry.
- If the resident has been fully vaccinated, and they are in a single room, visitation may take place in the resident’s room.
- If the resident is in a shared room, all visits will be conducted in the Schaffer Lounge.
- Visitation on the patient unit is limited to one visitor at a time. If more than two visitors, the visit will take place in the Schaffer Lounge. One of the visitors must be at least 18 years old.
- Visiting location is limited to the resident’s room or the Schaffer Lounge.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all healthcare workers must wear an approved face covering. If entering a resident’s room, approved face mask and face shield are required.
- Food and drinks are not permitted during visits.
- If you are not feeling well, please refrain from visiting until you are feeling better.
Thank you for helping us keep your loved ones safe.